Friday, February 22, 2013

Rock Star Romance Day 5 featuring Jasinda Wilder

If you haven't read ANYTHING of Jasinda's your in for a treat! I'd expect most of you probably heard of Wounded, yes that's her's, which has AMAZING reviews! Well, since it is Rock Star Romance Week I'm featuring her Big Girl's Do Series! That's where it started for me........Does it have a Rock Star? Why yes it does! There's 5 books in the series along with a Novella that came out around Christmas! 


 Gorgeous, rock-star guys like Chase Delany don't go for girls like me. They go for supermodels and actresses, skinny-girls who never eat and spend all day working out. I'm not that girl. So when he locked his fiery brown eyes on me for the first time, I couldn't quite believe it was really happening to me.

It was the second night I spent with him that I'll never forget.




Chase went to New York...without me. It was only one night, one delicious, sinful night, but it awakened something within me, and now, with him gone, I have no one to satiate my sudden, ferocious hunger. Then I woke up one day and looked at someone near and dear to me in a whole new light. And my world was rocked once again.

**This is an explicit, erotic novella for adults only! Contains super hot, one on one sex between two great characters.**


I'm going. Going to New York City to be with gorgeous, mysterious, rockstar Chase Delany seemed like a crazy dream, a fantasy come true. The bright lights and music, and his tight, sexy leather pants called to me...and I answered. Chase might want more and I just might give it to him, if I could only forget what I started with Jeff back in Detroit.

I thought I had my love life all figured





 I fled New York with my heart breaking and a million questions. Foremost in my mind was whether Jeff would even see me after the colossal mess that New York turned out to be.

I discovered the answer, but that only spawned even more questions, many of the yes or no variety...





Life was finally starting to make sense. And then he showed up...again. Now, I have to make the biggest decision of my life, and someone will end up heartbroken. I can only hope that someone isn't me.










A very special Big Girls Christmas short story to be read after Big Girls Do It Married.






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've read the first 5 of this series and I'm here to tell you that you HAVE to read this series in ORDER and you have to complete books 1-5 before you start Jasinda's Rock Star's Do Series! There are MAJOR SPOILERS if you don't read in order! 

I've decided I'm going to mix things up and do a review of ALL 5 books at once instead of reviewing separately cause I want you to get the "feel" for what I was feeling! I will not share any spoilers I just want to whet your appetite so to speak.......................

Anna is a DJ at nights along with her close friend Jeff! They have been doing tis for the past 6 years! One lonely night after finishing work she dropped off at a local restuarant to get a bite to eat when she notices "HIM" Oh yes! Drop dead freaking gorgeous in leather pants, I'm drooling! He approaches her asks if he can sit with her! Bless Anna's heart I would've done this..................



Oh Lordy, just pick me up off the floor! Anna agrees to the "hottie" sharing her table with her and this folks is how we are introduced to Chase!!! Anna can't get it through her head that Chase would actually be interested in her!! She orders her pie and feels the need to bolt yep she totally......................................


Poor girl, your would've thought the hounds of hell were after her! She wanted out of the situation and FAST! But hold on folks don't think for a moment she get's away that easily! Yep, that naughty Chase hops in her passenger seat and plants this on her................................................................



Yes Sireee!!! He did that hopped out of her car with all the confidence in the world! The next night at work Anna sees Chase and well folks I'll let you read about that! He showed Anna that she was a "GODDESS" even though she didn't believe it at first! Let's just say in the first book Big Girls Do It Better there was some of this.................................................................................



The chemistry these two havebetween the sheets is SEXY..... Oh Jasinda can surely write a scene in bed that will have you writhing! Anna & Chase really connected! She stays the night and I don't think A LOT of sleep was had. The next morning Chase get's the call he has been waiting for the ONE all musicians want, yep his band is heading to New York to record and album

Where does that leave Anna? You bet she was thinking that!! She assumes she's a one night stand......She doesn't stop to consider what Chase was trying to tell her and she leaves! It was at this point that I totally felt like.................



Anna's story continues with Big Girls Do It Wetter! Chase is gone and in New York! Anna hasn't heard him and she is "aching!" Anna is still DJ'ing with her best buddy Jeff but wait a minute did Anna just open her eyes to what's in front of her? Did she totally just describe what Jeff was like? Oh ladies, how she didn't see this manly speciman was beyoned me I would've been doing this for quite a while...........................................................................................


 
Jeff is very quiet a man that doesn't say much but as Anna says when he does talk you listen. Well one night after few drinks after their gig she ends up staying at his house. Nope folks it's the next morning that we are treated to a little........................................................................................................................


 Jeff is not Chase and that's a good thing! You can feel how much Anna means to Jeff and what they have together on a emotional level is far deeper than what one night with that kinky Chase brought Anna. Jeff and Anna start spending some time together. He takes her out and they have dinner and well this part is where I started ..................................................................................


I couldn't stop but don't think laughing was the only thing I was doing! Ah when things are going so well THE BOMB is dropped and Anna receives a letter from Chase. He wants her to come to New York and he has included an open ended ticket to see him. I was so..............................................................
What does Anna do? Well ladies what she does is a story told in Big Girls Do It Wilder! This is where Anna decides to see if what she had with Chase that one night wasn't all part of her imagination. Oh yes, Anna went to New York and left Jeff behind. There weren't many parts in this series where I felt like..........
But this was one of them but I understood her desire to make sure she did have any regrets in the future. Well New York was an adventure! Of course the hot sex was part of New York. Think tied up and blindfolds, at the same time? Not saying. Going to dinner and a club afterwards!!! Having a few drinks doing something out of your comfort zone. Think of me doing............


Seeing that hot Chase perform Live in his element leather pants and no shirt all that muscle and V showing! Yummy!!!! Then you have the fans...............


Oh they were eating it all up! Anna enjoyed the show but what transpires while she is waiting for Chase leaves a little room for doubt in her mind and you start to see that! Does Anna stay in New York with Chase? Where is Jeff in all of this? Did Anna seriously leave Jeff behind with no explanation whatsoever! Well, that's something YOU are going to need to find out! Oh yes there's explanation of what happend in Big Girls Do It On Top. But who is Anna explaining to? and it's obvious by the title Big Girls Do it Married that Anna eventually gets married. Does she marry Chase? or Jeff? or does someone that we haven't seen thus far enter the picture! Oh think of all these possiblities I've laid out for you! Now imagine my roller coaster ride through the last 3 books. I seriously went from.....................

thinking Oh My, Oh yes, Oh Sweet, hearing these words said to Anna............

then I was brought back to reality when Anna well I can't tell you but I did...
It made a little sense and I thought all was well until .. OH GOD!! No Way!!!
Oh Anna OMG!! WTH??? What's she going to do? Is this going to be RIGHT for her? Well by the very end I was doing my normal...........................................



I recommend the Big Girls Do Series by Jasinda Wilder! There are laughs, teary-eyed emotions, and decisons that had to be made. My favorite part of this entire series is seeing Anna's confidence in  her appearance change after that first night with Chase. When she told him she was "Big Girl" and that she thought he would never want someone that wasn't literally a stick figure. His reaction was PERFECT what he told her and showed her was AWESOME!!!!!

Jasinda's message is one that I think a lot of young women should hear! In this day and age and with how much the media feeds us that the perfect size is blah blah blah but it never points out the importance of the beauty inside someone! You see I never saw Anna as a Big Girl while I was reading the series I saw Anna as she was seen by the men as a BEAUTIFUL woman inside and out!!!

Jasinda has written the Rock Stars Do It series which accompanies the Big Girls Do Series BUT you HAVE to read the Big Girls Do Series BEFORE you can start with the following series, MAJOR SPOILERS IF YOU DON'T.. Now here's a look at the Rock Stars Do It Series.................................................................



***Rock Stars Do It Harder is the pilot story for a Big Girls spinoff-sequel series. It is best to read this after the Big Girls Do It books 1-5 to avoid major spoilers.***





To avoid ANY SPOILERS I'm not providing the synopsis for you! If you haven't read ANY of the Big Girls Do series the synopsis for the Rock Stars Do It Series would reveal SPOILERS. I did have the opportunity to interview Jasinda and I hope you enjoy the interview as much as I have...............


The first three questions are intertwined, in that Big Girls Do It Better started out as a kind of cathartic telling of my own story. So yes, there is some truth. I really did meet a guy in a Ram's Horn much as written, and he really was very much a rock star personality. The "Chase" from my life did not go on to become as famous as the fictional one did, and I did meet and fall in love with my own "Jeff", but convergence ends there. The process of writing my personal story led to the realization that I enjoy writing, so I changed the details and some of the plot and voila, Big Girls was born. And then of course I just HAD to tell Chase's story...

What do I have in the works? A TON! I'm working on a standalone New Adult novel, called Falling Into You, which is totally different than anything I've done before. I'm really excited about that one. I've gotten a ton of emails asking about another Big Girls book, to which the answer is yes, I am planning Big Girls Do It Pregnant, but I don't have a set release date for that yet.

I like all kinds of music, ranging from pop to hip hop and country to Broadway. I currently am digging Mumford & Sons, Hunter Hayes, and f.u.n.  I don't really do playlists in general. I listen to Pandora usually. Although, I am planning a playlist to go with the New Adult Novel I'm working on.

Which Rocker would I like to meet? Well, I did actually get to meet Steven Tyler once...but I would like to meet Marcus Mumford. I've always had a secret crush on Bon Jovi from when I was a girl, and I've gotta say, he's still pretty damn hot.

Thanks so much for having me on your blog!


<3 Jasinda

Want to touch base with Jasinda and keep tabs on her New Adult novel, Falling Into You, doesn't that sound awesome, well here's the links to touch base with her..............

Website:

Goodreads:

Facebook:

Twitter:

Since it's FRIDAY I'm going to SWITCH up the GIVEAWAY and do it on my Facebook page! I'm going to pick 2 Winner's who will be able to choose between the following:

Big Girls Do It Series OR
Rock Stars Do It Series

You will have to post a comment on the Facebook status indicating which part of the review or interview you liked the best and which series you would prefer! Both winners will be chosen on February 23, 2013!!!! Hope your Friday ROCKS!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great review and interview as always, Kim!!!
    Definitely some new ones to add to my TBR.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete