Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Review of It Ain't Me, Babe by Tillie Cole



I just LOVE when I stumble across a book that gives me goose bumps! I had seen a ton of "talk" about It Ain't Me, Babe on Facebook and it was pulling in some great 5 star reviews so I thought what the heck I'm going to one click this one and give it a shot. OMG! That was the BEST decision I've made ALL month! This book was UN-FREAKING-BELIEVEABLE! When I finished it crossed my mind that this Author is PURE GENIUS.
This isn't your typical MC read. There is very heavy subject matter and some of it may be difficult for some reader's to swallow. This is a standalone but I loved how the Author left the door open to the possibility (Oh God, I hope) of another book! This could turn out to be a major series. There are so many AWESOME secondary characters with obvious issues and backgrounds I'm sure I couldn't fathom! As soon As I finished the book I just HAD to post a review!
On the fence about this one? Not sure? Well take a gander at my review and tell me what say you?
 


 
Sinning never felt so good

 
A fortuitous encounter.


A meeting that should never have happened.
 

Many years ago, two children from completely different worlds forged a connection, a fateful connection, an unbreakable bond that would change their lives forever…
 

Salome knows only one way to live—under Prophet David’s rule. In the commune she calls home, Salome knows nothing of life beyond her strict faith, nor of life beyond the Fence—the fence that cages her, keeps her trapped in an endless cycle of misery. A life she believes she is destined to always lead, until a horrific event sets her free.
 


Fleeing the absolute safety of all she has ever known, Salome is thrust into the world outside, a frightening world full of uncertainty and sin; into the protective arms of a person she believed she would never see again.
 

River ‘Styx’ Nash knows one thing for certain in life—he was born and bred to wear a cut. Raised in a turbulent world of sex, Harleys, and drugs, Styx, unexpectedly has the heavy burden of the Hades Hangmen gavel thrust upon him, and all at the ripe old age of twenty-six—much to his rivals’ delight.
 

Haunted by a crushing speech impediment, Styx quickly learns to deal with his haters. Powerful fists, an iron jaw and the skillful use of his treasured German blade has earned him a fearsome reputation as a man not to be messed with in the shadowy world of outlaw MC’s. A reputation that successfully keeps most people far, far away.
 

Styx has one rule in life—never let anyone get too close. It’s a plan that he has stuck to for years, that is, until a young woman is found injured on his lot… a woman who looks uncannily familiar, a woman who clearly does not belong in his world, yet a woman he feels reluctant to let go…
 

Contemporary Romance/New Adult Novel.
 

WARNING: Contains sexual situations, violence, taboo subjects, offensive language and mature topics. Recommended for age 18 years and up*
 
  
You can add It Ain't Me, Babe to your TBR by clicking Goodreads. To purchase the book for $2.99 you can follow these links:


Amazon 
Amazon UK
Barnes and Noble
Smashwords
iTunes

~ MY REVIEW ~
 
I had seen this book popping up all over Facebook so I decided to that I needed to give it a go...... I'm so .......



that I gave this one a shot! This is the first book I've read by this author and I want more... I'm not ashamed to .....



for more, if I have to!

Salome (Mae) has spent her entire life as part of The Order. A religious cult deep in the woods of Texas. A cult that brainwashed their followers into believing that anything outside of the "walls" was evil and full of sin. A cult that followed through with unspeakable acts that made me.....



and made me want to....



a TON of people. At the tender age of 8, Mae experiences something that I like to think was a miracle. An interaction with a boy. A boy from the outside. A boy with beautiful hazel eyes. A boy who literally saved her. Little did he know that when he happened upon her that day he brought something for Mae to hold on to. Something for her to cling to in the darkest hours. Something that would get her through atrocities that left me.......



After a heartbreaking tragic event that left Mae utterly torn apart she decided to....



and by the grace of God she got away. It's at this point another miracle occurs. She ends up at the Hangman's MC compound. Barely clinging to life, bloodied and unrecognizable she is found by River "Styx".

Styx has never forgotten his beautiful ice blue wolf eyed beauty he came across in the forest when he was 11 years old. She was his THIRD. You are going to have to read the book to figure out what that means. She was his angel, his dream, and in his eyes perfection. Styx is the Prez of the MC known as the Hangman Mute he is both revered and feared far and wide. Styx is 100% Bad Boy to the BONE. He constantly had me.....




Oh his Ab's .....



When his eyes connect with Mae... well fasten those seatbelts, pull down the metal bar and prepare yourself for....



You are about to be taken on a WILD FREAKING RIDE!!!! Gosh my emotions there was so many of them and I was ....



Many times!!! There were times I was .....



and times where I was.....



around like the lunatic I am. The sex, OH MY, it was down right HOT as Hades.. Styx and Mae definitely had.....



a connection. I could feel that damn thing jumping from the pages. I got to one point in the book and I just had to ....



Styx, Styx, Styx...... Oh Styx.... and I definitely wanted to...



I could feel something was brewing in the book. I wasn't lackadaisical in my reading thinking everything was going to be A-OK. Nope, I felt that sucker coming and when it did I was completely .......



and I had to.....



and then my...



I was ........




My poor dogs, they will never be the same. Then I .....



and I couldn't stop! You've got to be KIDDING me. Seriously, that's what you pull at 99% in? Well, here's what I have to say about that..



My dog's and I definitely were....



PURE GENIOUS, I say! Talk about a whopper.... The secondary cast was as awesome as Styx & Mae. You will grow to love each and everyone of them. You will want MORE of them and you will want to know what their background story is. Believe me the men in the Hangman MC are bad, bad, bad and sometimes they say things that make you feel Oh so good!

Beware who you trust. Not everyone is who you think they are. When you get to end you will start to question every opinion you formed on a certain character and you will be left as I am.....



It Ain't Me, Babe is 6++++++++++++++ star read for me. It's dark, gritty, down & dirty, violent and at times sweet & sexy (I'm surprised I thought that). Styx & Mae are two people who have to overcome tremendous obstacles. Two people each with a cross to carry. Will they find that the key to their happiness is each other or as Styx said "It Ain't Me, Babe."

I fell head over heels in love with Mae's character. Her strength is utterly amazing. The obstacles she overcomes. The deep betrayal she experienced. The realization that she can have what she always wanted touched me. Mae felt REAL to me. Mae came out of a situation that 99% of our population will never grasp or come across in our lives. To start from the beginning and re-learn everything you were ever taught takes a very strong soul to stand up and take the reins to their own destiny.

Styx will touch your heart. Underneath all that "evil & sin" is a heart of gold. A man who had to learn to speak with his fist so he was strong and his disability never held him back. Styx had so much pressure and responsibility upon him it amazed me that he was sober in parts of the book. He too is a strong character. He doesn't apologize for his way of life. He was born with his cut. His MC is his FAMILY and it's his life but does he have room for Mae? Well you have to read it to find out!

I highly recommend this one! I've been shouting it out all over my Facebook page. When a book grabs me like this one I have to let everyone know. I seriously believe if you don't read this book you are totally missing out!

I'm looking forward to reading more from this author! My fingers are oh so crossed that we get MORE of the Hangman and "others". Please, Please, Please!!!!!!

This is a standalone novel. I personally consider the book having an ending but also with a door left crack for many more possibilities!

So what did you think? Intrigued Now? Want to read it? I LOVE chatting all things books so if you decide to give this phenomenal read a chance be sure to hit me up and tell me what your thoughts were or better yet shoot me a comment or post while you’re reading and tell me how you are holding up!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment